All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Literal Meaning...

Owen takes everything said very literally (this is a result of his Aspergers). This has created some very funny conversations and moments between the two of us over the years, here are just a few of my favorites...

...Owen got out of the shower and was drying off. I told him "Dry off the inside of you legs". He looked at me, puzzled, and said "That's impossible". I stared at him trying to figure out how he took it (dry off the inside of his legs "his bones"). I showed him, and said the "inner portion, between your legs. Goodness!!!

...We all pile in the car, I'm driving. Owen says "Hurry Up" (he needs to get home to play video games or something), I say "Keep your Shirt On". His response "my shirt is on!" I didn't even bother explaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment