All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Boy Scouts

What an amazing night I had last night. It is quite possible that it meant more to me then it did to Owen (but I think that could be said for a lot of things in your kids lives).

It was his advancement ceremony from being a Tiger Cub to a Wolf Cub. Having no prior experience in boy scouts I had no expectations. It was great. The charter organization (the group that hosts our pack) is our church so each meeting starts with a prayer for our boys (awesome).

Owen didn’t sit with me, he wanted to sit with his Den… also AWESOME. Anything he decides he wants to be with his peers, I am so excited. He sat quietly and paid attention to the various ceremonies and skits.

He got activity beads.

And then his advancement was very moving (I almost cried!!!) Each parent took of the old neckerchief and put on the new neckerchief, Owen was really excited. You could tell that it meant a lot to him.

I would describe my mood as gitty after it was all over….

When we got home I asked Owen what he thought, he said it was the best day of his life. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment