All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stormy Night


I HATE STORMS. I especially hate them over night. I cannot sleep through them. Who will take care of our house if it is stuck by lightening? Or rescue or neighbors if their house is struck by lightening? ---- Yes, I am completely aware that my thoughts are, for the most part, completely irrational, but, they are mine….

So, two nights ago was stormy all night pouring rain, thunder crashing, lightening, the WORKS….

I got 20 minutes of sleep here and there. Brooklynn came in our room around midnight and snuggled up next to me (this was a relief to me, like I had a teddy bear --- not rational, but who cares). Owen joined us around 3:00. I moved Brooklynn to the middle and I was sandwiched between my two little snugglers, I don’t think I got another wink of sleep, but they were safe and that was all that mattered.

When I got up to take a shower, they made due…. This is what I came back to:

I woke them up to show them the picture. I expected Owen to flip out, irritated that I would have visual proof that he touched her and had her germs. Nope… this was the reaction they had.

My morning was great!!!

Then last night....no storm, but they still came to my bed.  When I got up, this is how they were laying...

No comments:

Post a Comment