All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Fix Him"

I have a friend that continues to mention a “treatment” that they think I should try on Owen. They think it will “fix him”. It takes every ounce of composer I have not to, well, RIP THEIR FACE OFF. I think the first time it was mentioned I politely explained “there is nothing to fix” my job as his mom is to give him the tools to work with what he has (or find those that can) and I feel that I am doing that. I explained I do not feel that aspergers is a “disease” that needs to be cured.

It has been mentioned about 4 times since that first time. All with a hint of “it’s your job as his parent”. So much of me wants to unleash an arsenal of profanity. I haven’t yet (please, all be very proud, but also note the YET!)

*GIANT CAVEAT – This does not mean that I think I am above parenting advice or advice in general. BUT if it is to “CURE” something that I don’t think needs curing, keep that to yourself.

Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment