All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Because they know me so well & Love me so much

So, I realize that all of my posts thus far have been based around the kids.  Not today, it's my birthday, well my birthday weekend (which normally extends to my birth-month --- what can I say, I like to celebrate...). 

My best friends really outdid themselves.  Anyday I get a friend playdate is a bonus day.  Sonya lives about 40 minutes away and Kate lives about an hour away, so when they haul their cookies to my house, it's fantastic.  Yesterday they both came and Sonya brought her kids (Kate did too, really but hers is still in the justational stage so he/she wasn't as playful as Bailey and Abby).

So, Kate, being Kate, (and Tom, because I cannot say enough good things about the men that are in the lives of these two ladies...) brought bubbles... Perfect kid entertainer.  Brooklynn LOVES bubbles.  When Kate brings something, she doesn't bring one, she goes all out.  She brought 5-6 bottles of bubbles (colored bubbles) and a package of 50 wands that make bubbles in every shape.  WHOLY BAJOLEY, Brooklynn was in heaven.  Bonus, Tom was bubble boy and played with them and the bubbles, completely hands on the whole time (gonna be a great dad).

We were able to get Owen outside for the briefest of moments, but I made sure to memorialize it in film...surprise, surprise, Brooklynn is yelling
To see Todd (Sonya's main squeeze) interact with her kids, seriously melts my heart everytime I see it.
We came inside for dinner (grilled teriyaki chicken, pasta salad and pomme frittes with parmesan --- homemade thin french fries with parmesan cheese - big hit with Tom)

After dinner I got my presents.... whoop whoop presents (for anyone that doesn't know, I'm actually really not good at getting presents, it makes me "too center of attention").  Donn had already given me my presents (he is the kind of guy that when he buys it, I get it, can't keep a secret -- good for me.  I got a smartphone (Driod - like it lots), a netbook, that I don't have to share with anyone (the kids are just as happy because the computer is now free all the time and they only have to share with each other) and Friday I got noise cancelling headphones (also, like them lots, I used them while I was cooking dinner on Friday and rocked out... super fun).  Sonya (this is where the "and they know me so well" comes in) got us (me & her) tickets to see Harry Connick Jr in concert at the Fox.  My heart is already racing in anticipation.  The night I met Donn we talked about music and I told him there were only three people I needed to see in concert before I died (I'm not a big music person, but I know what I like) he has fulfilled the first 2, Sonya will be taking care of the last one.... Kate, got me a gift card to the Chocolate Bar for a celebration after the concert.  She agreed to meet us there (this is unless Harry Connick Jr agrees to abandon his life and run away with me after the concert).  I'm not gonna lie, I cried when I found out we were going to the concert...

Next part of the evening ("love me so much"...), cupcakes... Kate (OH KATE) made cupcakes and brought EVERYTHING you can think of to decorate them.  A dozen white cupcake, a dozen chocolate cupcakes.... yellow, green, pink, blue and chocolate frosting, M&M's, Reeces Pieces, gummy bears, and 10+ different types of sprinkles, and 2 types of candles... GOTTA LOVE IT!!! The kids were in heaven.  She also brought glow stick necklaces.  Seriously, her baby is gonna be the luckiest little thing when it is born.
We then played Apples to Apples (Kate won ... didn't let me win on my birthday, isn't there a rule about this?) then Catch Phrase Girls vs. Boys (we split 2 games -- rematch in the making).

I count my blessing everyday, these girls are always counted in these blessing.  Thanks.....

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your post! It was an amazing night and i had soo much fun! Thank you honey! I am very much looking forward to our date! xoxoxoxo Happy Birthday love!

    ReplyDelete