All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's in a Name?

We all know that when mom calls you by your full name, you are SO going to get it. Well, Brooklynn is playing with her friends outside and I am hanging up with the neighbors as well, we are trying to get them to come over to the table to eat and not a one of them is listening. I shout across the yard, “Brooklynn Violette” and I hear the neighbor boy say to her, “You’re named after a color?”

I had to laugh, I had not other option. All mom sternness was lost.

-----

I think that a lot is conveyed in ones name, so it was important to me that they meant something, so…

Brooklynn --- Donn took me to New York on our very first trip, I think I told him then, “if we have a girl, we’ll name her Brooklyn ”, he agreed. The spelling, my middle name is Lynn, and Donn, (two n’s).

Violette --- My Grandma’s name. I find it comforting knowing that even though Brooklynn will not meet the woman that had such a huge impact on me, she will carry her name. I think this will one day have great importance her. I think it would mean a lot to my Grandma as well, I’m sure she is watching over all of us.

Owen --- My mother’s maiden name. My Grandma Vi named her son Scott after her maiden name so I wanted to carry on the tradition.

Tyler --- Donn's uncle, Donn Byrne, lives in Tyler, Texas.  In an effort to pay tribute to him we took Tyler as Owen's middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment