All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Saturday, April 3, 2010

The BEST way to wake up

Last night I let the kids fall asleep with me in my bed (this is bad habit that I started when Owen was a baby, hardest thing to break children of, Potty training was easier). Anyway, when Donn came to bed he carried them to their own beds. When I woke up I started my morning by crawling into Owens bed and cuddling with him, taking time to wake him up and visit with him. Definitely the best way to wake kids up, slowly, sweetly, lovingly. (HECK, I would rather wake up this way then the BEEP..BEEP.. BEEP of my alarm clock. Once he was awake and deciding what he was going to do for the day I left his room and crawled into bed with Brooklynn with the same plan. I spooned her little body and covered us up with her blanket (she manages to kick off all covers within the first few minutes every night). I gave her kisses and when she finally woke up, the first words out her mouth were ”I love you”. Seriously best morning in recent memory. She then proceeded to tell me that she “had an ‘adventure’, it must have been a dream, she went to ‘Gummy land’..” She said she is going on another adventure tonight, but doesn’t know where.

No comments:

Post a Comment