All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Friday, April 16, 2010

The Routine He Requires

Tomorrow is a busy day.  I have Girl Scouts in the morning and I'm going to the Cardinal Game in the afternoon.  Donn has grocery shopping to do, so Owen will have to leave the house on the weekend. 

For those that don't know, this is not something that Owen likes to do.  We gave him the option to go with me to Girl Scouts (he wouldn't have to leave my van) or to the grocery store with Dad.  Owen decided to go with Dad to Dierbergs. 

Owen's first question:  "How many items will we be getting?
Donn refused to answer with a number.  Her told Owen that he would not be locked down like that.  Owen is a counter.  He would have watched the items go into the cart and made quite a racket about leaving when the number was hit.

Owen's second question:  "How long will we be gone?"
Again, Donn would not answer the question with a real number.  He just said "not long".

This answer took Owen back to "just tell me how many items we will be getting then..."

He cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment