All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Picture Day

On a typical day Donn will wake up the kids with shouting (I don’t know that he can help it, he comes from a house of yelling). They get up to hurried cries of “Get up now, hurry up, if you want breakfast, get dressed….” The mantra is repeated thru out the morning as they drag their sleepy bodies thru the dressing process. Today was picture day so I woke Brooklynn early and let her lay in my bed while I showered and then I showered her, Donn washed her hair, I blow dried it, she got dress. All was going well. She was (I assumed) going to wear the cute dress we bought for the night before. NOPE, she wore her very cute Easter dress from the year before, including the hat. I tried to tell her "no" on the hat and I got the "Mamaw told me to" response.... This response will be exorcized out of her.

All in all the day was going much smoother then the typical morning. Donn got Owen up and dressed, khaki shorts and blue stripped polo with (here's the kicker) a belt... (do you remember the tie from just a few weeks ago). During breakfast Owen had to go to the bathroom and cannot get the buckle undone in time. The pee comes before the pants are down. Very sad. The worst part, his "private part" becomes stuck in his belt buckle. Can you even imagine. The worst part for me is that the belt is holding "it" in place forcing the stream of pee EVERYWHERE. To be brutally honest, the kid doesn't have the best aim as it is, but put it in a belt buckle and it's hitting my shower curtain. Donn stood in the bathroom doorway and just looked at him, not believing that this was even possible. I took charge, asking him to "pause", which shockingly he was able to do just long enough for me to unbuckle the belt. The shirt was saved, but the rest of the outfit, not so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment