All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Say What?

Let me just start by saying, my kids crack me up. 

I got home from work today and Brooklynn greeted me with a face smashing kiss, the kind where she grabs my face and mashes hers into mine.  She has just put on my lip gloss (without asking) so she was trying to really share it... When she let up and exaggarated my response and said to her, "Geeze Brooklynn, you didn't kiss me, you assaulted me".  Her response, al sweet and gentle, "sorry me face is salty."  Ha! She is so funny.

I went out tonight and Donn hung with the kids, when I got home Donn was asleep down stairs.  I asked about the kids to find out that Owen was "in his room, for throwing a trantrum".  I went to check on him and see if he 'fesses up to the trantrum.  He instantly tells me that he was sent to bed for throwing a trantum.**  The trantum was because he wanted a Thin Mint cookie.  I told him he could have a Thin Mint tomorrow, but he needed to prepare himself because we would soon be out of Thin Mints.  His response, "Then I will have a Tag-Along each day".  I rephrased my statement to "You need to start preparing yourselft because we would soon be out of Girl Scout Cookies"  I left him with that, knowing this would take time to sink in.

**It is a real accomplishment that Owen is able to verbalize what happened.  The great part for me, he has never lied.  I don't think he is wired for it.  He bends things so they don't sound "so" bad, but never lied.

No comments:

Post a Comment