All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blue Light

Yesterday was the start of Autism Awareness Month.

I need to take a moment and say that I am very very very (VERY) proud of my husband. He is very supportive of our son. I can honestly say I don’t think he has any disappointment in the fact that he has autism or that isn’t going to follow in his dad’s high school athlete footsteps. This acceptance and unconditional love, I think, is an essential part of the process and ‘therapy’ for child with any ‘disability’. With a parents acceptance of who you are, you are able to do so much more. Just think if you had your parents disapproval as an obstacle to overcome…

Donn is amazing with Owen (Owen is easy to love, he is a fantastic human being!)

“Blue Light” is the bulb in my porch light. Donn changed out the bulb on April 1st. I think technically we were supposed to do it on the 2nd, but if I had my way we would leave it out all year making it Autism Awareness at our house all the time. Shouting “clearly, we support a cause”. The kids haven’t noticed, but they will and I’m looking forward to it when they do. I think tonight will be the night, because Carys leaves thru the front door and she is an inquisitive kid. Good luck Angel, you will have questions on the way home. XoXoX.

No comments:

Post a Comment