All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Picky Eaters

I cook 99% of the meals my family eats from scratch. No boxes. I plan the menu out at least a week in advance there is a good balance of lean proteins and veggies and just enough bacon to say I made it. There is no 'alternate' meal option, they know they are going to eat what I've made or go hungry (do not comment on the malnourished size of my children, they are meant to be skinny) anyway, at dinner last night Owen is making random commentary about how he likes all foods (as a comeback to Brooklynn's complaint about the onions in my cobb meatloaf) "everything except yogurt".

Me: why don't you like yogurt? Is it the texture?
Owen: no, yogurt is for females.
Me: what?
Owen: mostly females eat yogurt, not males.

What kind of twisted kid am I raising?

No comments:

Post a Comment