All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You Are A Monkey

Brooklynn has a sacral tumor at the base of her spine. She was born with it and they told us not to worry so we don't. The way I deal with things like this is to mock them (it's my way of coping - go ahead judge me). Since Brooklynn was old enough to remember we told her that she had a tail (yes, I am very cruel) Owen knows and says the same thing, we call her a monkey because monkeys have tails and apes don't, things like that.

Fast forward to tonight when we are telling the kids about an the plans for the cruise we may be taking. It will include a stop in Honduras and an excursion to visit monkeys. Brooklynn says she doesn't want to visit monkeys because she is afraid of them and Owen flatly says, "you shouldn't be afraid, you are one of them". Brooklynn was less then pleased when we laughed.

I don't know if Owen was joking or if he thinks she actually has a tail and is a monkey. If he was joking I am filled with pride that my Aspy is so quick witted and funny. If he really thinks it is a tail and she is part monkey I have failed as a parent and have some serious correcting to do... Shoot!

1 comment:

  1. Don't kids say the darndest things! You are not a failure! Your are one of the best moms I know. I wish I were closer so we could be there for more monkey business and owenisms. But you should check in and let O know that Jason is not a Monkeys Uncle....lol

    I am sure he will pop off with something witty and make you feel like intellectually challenged.

    Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete