All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Best Gift

This morning I work up more than an hour before my alarm clock.  Let me start by protesting this experience.  This is a huge punishment on most days.  I need as much sleep as possible, I don’t sleep well on a normal basis so to take any of the little bit I get away is a cruel joke.  This morning I decided to treat myself.  I took my cell phone (which is my alarm clock) into Brooklynn’s room and crawled into bed with her.  Last night she wanted to lay with me and I didn’t so good so I sent her away.  I felt a little guilty but she kicks and spins and just generally hard to sleep with.  BUT in the early morning when she is sleeping her soundest she sleeps like a rock.  I crawled into her bad and she rolled over and said “You’re the best mom ever, I love you” (THAT WAS THE BEST GIFT, GREATEST WAY I COULD HAVE STARTED MY DAY)  I actually was able to grab a few more winks sharing her twin bed cuddling up with her.  Time is short, I’m sure there will be a time when she will send me away, I’m going to grab my moments now while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment