All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Hero Named Jesus

I do what I can to own my short comings, I promise.  I fail, on a regular basis, to look thru my children’s backpacks.  I think this is for two reasons.
1.       They are gross, especially Brooklynn’s.  She uses it as a catch all and thing or piece of paper that makes it to the bottom of the bag ends up covered in food crumbs (YUCK)
2.       They are both really good about doing their homework, so if it’s important to go back they are on top of it.
The down side, I sometimes miss the great stuff that they bring.  Well I don’t miss it, it’s just delayed.

I digress… Over spring break I decided to PURGE the beasts that are the backpacks and emptied them (After I emptied Brooklynn’s I actually had to bring the vacuum cleaner out and VACUUM out the bottom of the backpack, she has major issues). I looked at every piece of paper. I gave Owen the riot act for every paper that he didn’t get 100% on and gave Brooklynn a high five for anything that was nearing a C. They are different students and should be treated differently. Anyway, I was awe struck when I found this in Owen’s stack of papers:


The best part, it had clearly been hanging on the wall of his class room or hallway.  I was pretty proud of his outlook and insight.  Owen, he’s my Hero too.

No comments:

Post a Comment