All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

THE BEST PRINCIPAL

I LOVE MR. SCHULTE! I REPEAT I LOVE MR. SCHULTE!

Tonight was the performance of the Boone Trail Singers and I was so excited.  Owen has performed one other time with the BT Singers, at Boone Trail Days, and he did really well.  His only downfall that day was that he sat down, but overall it was a BIG WIN. 

Today he walked across the stage and looked out and SHEER PANIC washed over him.  It was so sad to see it.  I recorded it, because I am that mom and it was my plan to record it anyway. 

Heres how it went down, all the kids walked on stage (there is about 30 or so) and Owen was about in the middle.  I looked down for 1 second and looked back and he was gone.  Donn and Mamaw and Papaw and Brooklynn and I exchanged looks and searched the group seeing where he would pop up - cue the principal arriving on scene gently guiding Owen giving him a little pep talk and convincing him to stand on the steps.  At this point I didn't yet know what the problem was.  Then the first song came and I saw the pleading begin.  He was starring at me silently PLEADING that he "couldn't do it".  Song #2 was no better, the pleading continued and it seemed cruel to make him stand there.  Donn and I headed toward the back of the stage.  The principal was already there with him and he was encouraging him to "just stand in the back, no one would see him and he could still do it".  Donn and I sat on the floor in the back and watched from the back and smiled our support.  Thsi is where, in his shirt and tie, the principal sat on the floor and held Owen's hand and gave him the support he needed.

I don't know another person that would have shown Owen that kind of love and support and patience and kindness.

Mr. Schulte is a wonderful person and a wonderful principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment