All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Father Daughter Dance

This is the THIRD year that I have asked Donn to take Brooklynn to the Girl Scout Father Daughter Dance.  To me it is a no brainer.  If there was a mother-son event, I would be all over it.  Owen would have to beg me not to drag him there.  This year I finally convinced him.  I was super pumped.  A few days before the event I suggested he take her to dinner and make a date night, he declined, just not feeling the greatness that is “the Father-Daughter Dance”.  The day of the dance comes and he changes his mind, they are going to go to dinner.  Brooklynn has a new dress (a Christmas present from Mamaw) and shiny black shoes.  I paint her nails and curl her hair – it is important to her that I do her hair with the same number of curls that I had when I married Daddy – “that’s how he likes hair mom”.  She looked so pretty!  Donn got her a corsage that matched her dress perfectly.

The absolute BEST part of the night, hands down, no question… Donn said when they got home “I regret not taking her the last two years, we had a great time, we danced all night”.  I wasn’t glad in the “I told you so” kind of way, I was glad in the IT WAS THAT GREAT – kind of way… A memory was definitely made.  The second best part when Owen & I got home (we decided to go on a date too, we went to dinner to Angel and Carys) Donn and Brooklynn were cuddled up on the couch together.  AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment