All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Monday, March 26, 2012

Play Outside... Who is this kid?

Anyone that knows Owen, even a little bit knows he is the definition of an "inside kid".  Sure, his love of electronics lends itself to the indoors but add in his allergies to all things that grow and not a huge passion for playing sports (or with others), I practically have to pay him to play outside [NORMALLY].

Out of the blue yesterday Owen walks out of his room and says "I'm going to play outside, is that okay?" Once I regained my composure I sent him outside and watched him from the window.  He took Brooklynn with him and stood outside for a second or two.  Then he came back in and asked if he could invite our neighbor outside.  2 minor miracles in one day. 

He played outside for about 30 minutes and then came back in. Then about 2 hours later he went back out.  Then again after dinner.  THREE trips outside.  On the third trip I went out with him and we played catch and he hit the whiffle ball with a bat.  It was praise worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment