All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Monday, March 1, 2010

Cash Only

Brooklynn brought home an order form for a Dr. Seuss hat. All the kids at school are getting them to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday, and they are going to wear them on Friday. The cost of the hats are $5.00 each.

When I got home, Brooklynn demanded that I give her $5.00 for a hat. After a conversation about the proper way to ask for something, and an appropriately phrased request, I agreed to buy her the hat.

20 minutes later the phone rings and Mamaw explains that Papaw stapled a $5.00 check to the order form (sweet Papaw wanted to buy the hat for her) and she tells me that I need to explain to Brooklynn that the check is an acceptable way to buy the hat. Anyway... Brooklynn can hear the phone call and she starts to cry, "I need real money" "I can't take a 'check'". She ended up crying herself to sleep over checks not being real.

No comments:

Post a Comment