All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Friday, March 12, 2010

Killing him with Kisses

First the back story… When Owen was about 3 years old I gave him a kiss and he wiped it off. I exaggerated my response with disappointment and said “No Owen, you don’t wipe off Mom kisses, you rub them in” and showed him what I meant, kissing his cheek again and rubbing the kiss in gently. Since that day, every kiss (and I mean EVERY kiss) given to Owen gets rubbed in. It’s typically an unconscious response; kiss, rub, kiss, rub. I think it’s is adorable, quite tender.

So last night, I’m tucking Owen into bed and I pin his arms down and kiss his forehead. I don’t let go of his arms, he starts to squirm, trying to free his arms to rub in his kiss (I know what I’m doing, cruel, I know…). He squeals, “Mom, I need to rub it in”. I rub it in and then I go back to pinning him. I kiss him again and I let the kiss linger again, letting him squirm. Very mean mom….

I let him go and then I lay next to him and to make it even worse I say, “Sometimes, when you’re sleeping I kiss you and you don’t rub the kisses in….” He looks at me questioningly and I realize this might be a little too much for him to handle so I go on to say “I bet those kisses sink into your skin”. He said, “let’s see” then he straightens his body out and closes his eyes waiting for me to kiss him. (So cute). I do and he doesn’t rub it in. He smiles and waits, about five seconds go by before I see his arms start to wiggle. I quickly rub in the kiss and tell him “If I kiss you when you’re sleeping, I promise to rub them in”.

He is so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment