All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Biggest Loser

Last season we began watching Biggest Loser. It quickly became a favorite of both mine and Owen and I even let him stay up past his bedtime to watch it (we never watch things when they are on, TiVo was invented for me, advertising dollars are wasted at my house). Anyway, a few weeks ago during dinner we are watching Biggest Loser (how ironic that we are stuffing our faces while these contestants are sweating of the L-B’s …whatever), Owen announces that when he grows up he wants to be on the Biggest Loser. It was hard to keep my food down. Our doctor has asked us to give Owen meal replacement shakes on top of the food we already give him because he can’t keep the weight on (the only one in our house that has this problem, I promise).

I explained to Owen that the odds were not in his favor that he would qualify for this show, but that if he had the desire to be on a reality show we (me & him) could apply to be on the Amazing Race. I explained to him the format of the show and he agreed.

….Flash forward to dinner last night, I ask Brooklynn, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Response, “A teacher”. How sweet, I definitely can tell you this is attributable to the fantastic teachers both of my kids have. I turn to Owen, “What about you Owen, what do you want to be?” Response, “An adventurer, like the adventure we are going to go on when I get big”. I hope that CBS understands that I have committed them to running this show for at least the next 11 years AND to include me & Owen.

No comments:

Post a Comment