All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ripped Pants

I got home for exercising last night to find Donn making dinner, Brooklynn watching TV and Owen sitting on the couch playing a game in the shirt I sent him to school in and his boxer shorts…. Everyone else acted like Owen hanging out in his underwear was completely normal and should be acceptable.

I thought it strange, what do I know, so I asked him, “Owen, where are your pants?”
He responded, “I don’t want to tell you, I would be upset.”
I coaxed him, told him he had to; I’m his mom… etc. He finally told me that “he ripped them.”

He didn’t rip them, he mutilated them. What was a trendy rip in the knee became a gapping whole all the way to his crouch. I told him, obviously, this was okay with him, so he wouldn’t mind wearing them again tomorrow. This, was a big problem for him, “his friends would see his underwear”.

We settled on Owen replacing the pants. He will be doing chores around the house until he earns enough money to replace the pants. I will buy the replacement pants at a garage sale (they weren’t new pants, he had worn them all winter). He decided this was acceptable. The whole thing was decided without a single raised voice, PERFECT. He can’t just go around destroying his clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment