All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hoarders Prepare for Brooklynn

Each weekend I go thru the same routine with Brooklynn. The "Clean your room" routine. Every Saturday I withhold television and the computer and visiting the neighbors and ALL things she desires until she cleans her room. My mom did it to me, I think it's only fair.


To ask her to clean you would think I were asking her to pull out her eyelashes, something that involved serious torture. Periodically I will help her, I will sit with her and help her sort her belongings into the correct bins, etc. Every time I wonder how she amassed such a pile, and how it doesn't bother her (my mom must be laughing, thinking "one day I would get to deal with what she dealt with" I might have done the same thing when I was little").


Today the process was especially distressing. I think that every drawing that she has made in the last 3 weeks was folded or crumpled and shoved under her bed or in her closet. She'd taken each sorted container and dumped them and spread the contents ALL over her room, under the dresser, under the bed, in the closet... How does this happen?

I've never watched the show "Hoarders" but this is why, I'm afraid I will see the warning signs that I'm just not ready to see.

1 comment:

  1. This is probably why my children have don't have a ton of stuff. It frustrates me to no end that it takes forever to clean up their rooms. I told them "if its too overwhelming to keep things organized or too hard to put things away...you must have too much stuff to manage." Time to purge!

    ReplyDelete