All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nurturing a Sick Child...


My little girl woke up this morning sick. She felt terrible. I put her in the shower to clean her up while I cleaned her bedding. When I got her out of the shower and wrapped her in a towel she said, "Whose gonna take care of me?" I paused for a second, I was going to say Mamaw (I am one of the fortunate working moms that has a great support system in grandparents that not only watch the kids after school but take "snow day" duty and "sick day" duty). In the second that I paused Brooklynn looked at me with her puppy dog eyes and sickly pale face and said, "I want you to take care of me."

"Done." There is no better feeling, then the feeling of being needed. And to know that what she needed to feel better was me. WOW!!! I spent the day watching her sleep, rocking her, doing lots of laundry, and just enjoying the fact that I was getting to stay home with my sick little girl. It was what I considered a luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment