All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Sunday, March 7, 2010

The down side of taking things Literally...

Thursday night’s dinner was ROUGH. I don’t know if Owen had a hard day at school or if he just decided to be difficult. But either way, it was bad.

It began with Owen coming to the table and before anyone else sat down he took a handful of rice (he decided to fore go to traditional fork method) and shoved it in his mouth. Dad & I both reprimanded him, insisting that he use a fork. He did. He then took up banging the fork into the plate, exaggerating the use of the fork, really irritating dad (it wasn’t making me happy). Next, 3 huge pieces of sausage get shoved in his mouth; I’m on top of it, and I tell him “No, one piece at a time”. I’ve found that specific instructions work best, like “One piece at a time” not “Eat right”.

He slows down, but he’s really exaggerating every move he’s making. He’s making a minor mess and I say “put your head over plate Owen”…. Okay do you see the mistake I just made? I should have said “eat over your plate”. He put his face right in his rice. I WAS SO MAD! Needless to say, bedtime came right after dinner, more then an hour early.

No comments:

Post a Comment