All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Monday, March 15, 2010

Owen's Big Night

Tonight is Owen’s 1st grade music program. We’ve talked about it, and by that I mean, Donn and I have told him how excited we are about it and he just stares at us. I am hoping that all goes well. I sent a note to his 1st grade and his resources teachers letting them know that I thought he had a bit of anxiety about it.

When Owen was about 3 years old he was crazy about music. He learned everything he could about it; he knew all the instruments in an orchestra by section. It was really amazing (I attribute it to Baby Einstein). When we took the kindergarten tour we spent a lot of time in the music room and library (the two places I thought he would like best). Then he took music class in kindergarten and the wheels fell off (metaphorically speaking). He was always in trouble. It was always too loud, it was always constant chaos, in a large part to the way he was behaving in the class. I found out later that he would often do something that would get himself sent to the principal’s office on the walk over to the music room just to avoid it. His behavior in music has improved this year but I believe the scars of kindergarten music class still exist, both for Owen and the music teacher.

We shall see how the night goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment