All you've got is all you can give and that will ALWAYS be enough.


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Talk to the Animals

I have a bird. I say "I" because no one else in the house really claims Charlie, the parrot that has been part of my life my entire 32+ years. Over the weekend Owen decided that he was going to befriend the bird. This should cause great panic is all that have met my bird, Charlie is not what I would call, user friendly, he is a vicious killer attack bird....)


Owen's approach to the bird... "bird speak". He stood next to the bird and squawked and quacked at him. The bird, instead his hissing, almost chirped back. They became friends. AMAZING. Owen even shared his nacho Doritos with the bird.



We also have a dwarf hamster named Grey Night. Grey Night resides in Owen's room and all night this hamster runs in his wheel, his noisy, annoying, plastic exercise wheel. I tucked Owen in tonight and I said to him, "Owen, what up with your hamster?" his response was, "he just won't listen to me". Ha... We talked a little about the hamster and he said he "would try to train the hamster with his hamster speak" I asked him what hamster speak sounded like and he said "similar to guinea pig" (okay...he said this like I should have known the answer) "what does that sound like Owen?" his response, "squeak".

Gotta love my little Dr Doolittle. 

1 comment:

  1. Charlie is evil, seriously the bird never shuts up... good job Owen! Good luck on the Hamster buddy.

    ReplyDelete